Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Wind Power Part 3


If you have the money to setup a multi voltage system or if you have the money to just do 2 of them here is a way to decide what 2 to go with.
The first thing to ask yourself is “Do you want to use DC powered items” if yes then the 12v is one that you want. The next thing you need to ask is “Am I willing to convert stuff like my TV and goods to work on DC” if the answer is yes then you will also want a 24v system too. The third thing you need to ask yourself is “Do I want to make AC power for my own items and to sell” if the answer is yes then you also wanted to setup a 48v system. Now the hard part of this is if you answered yes to all 3 like most people will do than you have a choice to make based on how much money you have to use for all this. Also if you have a very limited budget you will need to give a number to each voltage system. This number is one that how you get it is simple take a sheet of paper list all 3 voltages at the top. Put a line to separate them each and under each one start a list of what you would use each for. The 12v list may have stuff like run a radio in the garage, run a radio in the house, and run all my lights on 12vDC, charge cell phones in the house, run my WIFI, and use an inverter to run my bed room TV. Now stuff under the 24v could look like this run my TV after I convert it, run my computer off a converter. The 48v may not have as much but if you have enough and can buy a pure wave inverter you can offset my electric bill. You also can run thru and also make a cost list for each and put it under each.
  Now if you do run a cost comparison of each keep in mind they each have very different cost that most don’t see. One thing that could be also added in to each different voltage category is an inverter or 2, I say 2 of them due to one can be a modified sine wave for power items you have. The second one should be a pure sine wave so you can just dump some of the power into your power box to offset your power use age. I will give you a few examples as to the things I would add in. In the 12v besides the cost of the turbine setup I would add in the cost of the 12v items I would need to buy for using on 12v some things just need new power cords I would figure out what I have that could use them. Now with a 24v after the cost of the setup stuff I would add in the cost to convert the items I have to work on the 24v system now this will be hard for most to do. The reason I say that is most have no idea on how this is done. To figure this out one just may have to talk to someone that builds electronics from nothing they will be able to get you on the right track. Now with the 48v system I would really only have one thing that is a nice big pure sine wave inverter I say big I mean in big watts. Even if you buy one that is bigger than what your current system could make this way if you add in more power making items it’s still okay. You won’t have to buy another and another as you keep adding to your setup making more and more. Once you make more power than that inverter can handle, then you save up and buy another big one. I say this due to you don’t want to have 50 little ones all jumbled up on a wall. Now if you are one that can face the reality and think as I can setup A, B, C, with this one setup and I also still can start out with adding in D then once I get it working good I can get X system to add to it all and move D to it. 
Now you are starting to get a plan of where to start and what all the options that there really are to consider. So when some looser knocks on your door saying they are selling such and such a solar or wind turbine deal keep these entire question in mind. This is also a great tool to use and set up questions for if you are looking to buy a system from so and so. Keep in mind the main heart of the system is always the controller it is what will allow you to add more stuff on and if it’s not a good controller it also can be the big flaw in a system and also keep you from really doing what you want it to do.
This was the last part of this one so watch for more info on other stuff like solar wind and even ways to save money on how to use what you make. Thanks for reading and please leave comments and share this! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment